Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Midterms!

are of the devil. 

Two big tests and a paper this week, (the rest were last week) followed by work on my thesis and three term papers all next week. Things are going to get real.
Ha. Real old. Like, the newest thing I'm studying is from the early 1800's America. And THAT is the newest things by about 1800 years.
Bad pun of the day excised. 

Snowy and cold in Spokane, but I don't mind. Growing up in California gave me an almost permanent childlike love of snow. And my house is freakin epic, better all the time. Got a couple of real 'doers' at the house right now- they painted both their rooms and the living room and cleaned the carpets. And one of them has some great furniture she wants to bring in. 'course, I warned her about our house and nice things, but she's content. Says the stuff is insured. Yep. Furniture that is nice enough to be insured coming soon to an ungroup home near you. I'm really pretty excited about the changes, but a little intimidated too. I might have to dibs the outside and give Britain her own garden corner so I still get to do the stuff I like best- she stays at home all day and gets everything done like BAM. DONE. And I think "but I kinda like doing that..."
No biggie, but our house is like, middle-class clean. Weeeeeeird.

Other events? Not much. My dog is a jerk, my husband loves his job SO MUCH more than anyone I've ever seen, and I'm plugging away at readings I"m embarrassingly far behind on before this midterm thursday.  Huzzah.

2 comments:

  1. These changes to the house are sounding so good, I really hope there's a space, even if it's just a little corner. Really, I'm content with my laptop, I could just sleep in my sleeping bag on my yoga mat in a little corner somewhere and clean everything up every day like I'm not even there.

    Pretty please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't mind a smallish corner, I'd love to have you. Looks like Table is on her way, too, so the smallish corner is actually a good bit of the attic :)

    ReplyDelete