Thursday, March 3, 2011

So are the dogs permanently banished from the back living room?

According to Britain, yes. Because she cleaned the carpet and wants it to stay that way. And besides, she says, after we put in that door between it and the kitchen, it'll be easy to keep that back room nice...

Um. Huh? I didn't have even the slightest intention, when i bought carpet cleaner, of it making parts of the house inaccessible to my dogs...especially 'cause even with a good cleaning that god-awful carpet has to be replaced before we even CONSIDER selling the house.

And where is this door concept coming from?
I know she's new to the house, but air circulation is pretty important in pre-heating/air conditioning homes. A door there would really, really muff up the back half of the house. Like, inhospitable most of the year. Spring and fall would be alright, I suppose...
That, and I hate the idea. She puts a door there, her furniture behind it, and now I've got a living room in my house I don't feel welcome in. Especially if my dog isn't allowed in there. I'd been looking forward to that room being stable again (it's getting painted) because I'm ALREADY uncomfortable in the rest of hte house due to museum level cleanliness and a toddler.
A toddler who now has a kid gate at the stairs, which effectively keeps the dogs out of the main part of the house and requires an almost herculean effort to bypass when I want to get through.

Hm. Passive aggressive blogging for the win.

No comments:

Post a Comment