I have between 24-30 credits to go (depends on a transfer confusion I need to check out), and those are easily 2 terms, but only if I'm allowed to bypass a requirement that I think is important.
murgh.
I'm feeling hungry, bitchy, and altogether like spring break ought to have been spent recuperating instead of working far too many hours.
In other news,
We have a buddhist monastary nearby. Visited it Saturday and learned that I had been somewhat confused on exactly what they mean by reincarnation. Think more "final fantasy lifestream' than 'next time, i want to be a dog.' Anyway, I like it. A lot.
Saturday night was something of a test for my new outlook on treatment of others. I know many groups do this, but the buddhists were the first to point out the practicality of compassion. I'm quite practical, so this was pretty much mind-blowingly awesome. Anyway, hanging out with these ultra fundy people I'm not really a fan of, and they are all in agreement that health care for all is a) a hand out to those who don't deserve it and b) far to expensive to run effectively.
I, for the record, found those opinions to be highly unfounded and even (in the case of "a") downright cruel. I was told, in these words to "take one for the team" because I'm either doomed to live without healthcare and die bleeding out in a cab (ambulance rides are thousands upon thousands of dollars), or have universal healthcare and die in a waiting room with a huge line of people who have the 'sniffles' ahead of me. Since, you know, I'm dying gruesomely anyway, it'll be better "not to bring everyone else down with you." Hyperbole was used on both sides, but I was quite annoyed that I was told to 'take one for the team' and just live without medical care.
How very Christlike.
Apparently the tenets of religion only apply to politics when they are used to keep gay people in line, but not so much when helping everyone indiscriminately is involved. Apparently, Christ would say that there is a difference in what a person deserves, based upon what they can pay. At least, that's the impression I get from most Christians. Heaven forbid you are too poor to see a doctor- you should just suck it up, you pussy. Take one for the team.
Maybe if you were more bootstrappy and capable, you wouldn't be dying of easily curable diseases. Ever think about just making more money?
No comments:
Post a Comment