Apparently I haven't posted since April 6, so it seemed like a good time.
I graduated! Yay!
My parents visited me!
Carmen and others were able to get me summer work with the district!
I took the DLAB! AND WAS AWESOME.
Tomorrow I go fill in paperwork so I'm working for the district in a more "for-real" kind of way, and this week or next I'll find out my ship date for the Air Force (because I did SO WELL on the DLAB- the language aptitude test) so I can be a super rock awesome linguist. I'll probably start working at the school again Monday, but this week has been just phenomenal. I feel more sane than I have in months.
I've been waking up early and cooking and cleaning and gardening until I'm just so happy I could spit. My house and yard show it, too. Weeded almost all of the front flower beds (okay, slight exaggeration, but they are coming along), vacuumed the house, cleaned the kitchen, and made great food. It doesn't get much better.
Today, in keeping with my "no expectations" theory, I didn't really do any planning. I went to earrrrly morning yoga, took Ben to school, then came home and played in the yard for a while. I got to hang out with the neighbor, which is unusual because she is self conscious about her english, and she showed me how to make all sorts of things from the milk they get from their cow. Cheese, sour cream, fresh milk, and farm eggs followed me home. As well as a tomato plant and a pepper plant. Two pepper plants- maybe Carmen would like one? :) Then a snack and I walked with my dog down to the river (water is moving too fast still for good wading). And isn't even noon.
On the way back (About a mile each way), I was walking past a yard with a pair of dogs that looked like boxer/pitbull mixes and one barked like he was going to do something about it. The other, after I had passed the house, bolted out through a hole in the fence and started biting at Cloud. Bit my buddies' tail and leg as Cloud and me, being well trained, tried to avoid confrontation. For a second I looked around helplessly for a solution. The owner was having a time controlling his other dog, so I busted out the angry mom voice. "NO." Dog stops in his tracks. "BAD DOG. GO HOME" and he put his head and nubby little tail down and went home. Just like that. I was happy that didn't go more badly. The dog hurt Cloud's back leg a bit, but not enough that it was more of a concern than his worry about having gotten into a fight and how angry I sounded.
Still have the same bunch of roommates, and I'm at lower patience than ever with them. I tell ya, they'd better get on rent soon 'cause it's the only reason I tolerate them and today is the eleventh. Though, my dog just now stretching out all over my feet took all the fire out of that budding rant :) I love my dog.
No comments:
Post a Comment